utorok 2. februára 2021

SKY041_VYŠEHRAD - ᛒ



VYŠEHRAD 
lo-fi black metal / dungeon synth / ambient / martial 

Pilgrim 

here is another invitation to dreamy landscapes, living myths, ancient cities, tournaments, battles, other time perspectives and the beauties of solitude - album ᛒ. 

The world of Vyšehrad invites you to enter its gates through a third album / cassette. 

When recording, I used organic lo-fi techniques again. In contrast to the "I", the main change here is the use of live guitar. Another significant difference is the effort to more specifically define the sound of Vyšehrad without a primarily epigonic overlap into the past of genres. 

The raw reference to the old-black atmosphere, which I achieved this time mainly through the targeted use of "incorrectly" beginnings and ends of songs (cuts in / out), is probably filled with the last song "Black Dog". This track was created at the beginning of 2019, as the very first act of Vyšehrad. I placed it in the collection not only because, in my opinion, it fills the desired raw / lofi atmosphere, but it also works in contrast to other songs that were created in the last six months. 

Last but not least, the song is also because it was the one that provoked positive and supportive reactions from my friends, whom I addressed at the beginning of the project with demo-materials. Now they, my friends, as the people I respect, are part of this subtle tribute. 
The "Black Dog" together with the opening song "Zora" frame the whole, as a sequence beginning with a light ecstasy and a feeling of solitude on the tops of the mountains, which leads to a tragically beautiful end. Otherwise, the story, which takes place between songs, lyrics and graphics, is again purely on the imagination of the listeners. 

Physical product - the cassette was released by Sky Burial Production in 2021. Together with ᛒ, a re-edition of the cassette with the album "I." from last year is also published. 

The landscape of my world stands apart from good and evil. It is a piece of land where the gods are still celebrated and honor belongs to the heroes. My strange world. 

Together with ᛒ, a re-edition of the cassette with the album "I." from last year is also published.
ltd 49x tape 
7€  
ᛒ - 7€
I. - 6€ 
2cassettes - ᛒ + I. (re-release) = 13€ 
listen and download on bandcamp